Arachne Mittens – Finished at Last!

I designed these mittens last winter, in February. I finally completed the pattern – it’s nice to have some time off to finish things! Also, I admit, sitting in front of the computer to learn photography software is quite a drag, and very frustrating . . . so I pulled out the needles, and have begun to knit again.

I wanted to have solid-colored thumbs on these mittens, and practice carrying long floats at the same time.  It took a bit, and I learned, too, the need to randomize the stranding on the thumbs.  When I didn’t, the yarn got stacked up in rows, and affected the final design.  If you look closely at the picture, I did a boo-boo when I took the picture – you can see the thumb is rather puckered.  The second mitten is much nicer.

Camouflaged!

The pattern is not too hard to follow, and but for beginners, the stranding may be a bit of a challenge.  The carried yarn makes for warm mittens, and if you start now, you could have a pair for yourself – or a loved one!  – in time for the December holidays.  (Shameless plug, huh . . . )

If you are interested in buying the pattern, you can find them under “My Patterns” page, or find them here on Ravelry.  Cost is $4.00.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s